Privacy and Cookies
What information do we store about you?
We collect the information necessary to be able to process online orders you have placed with us. This includes your name, delivery address, billing address, email address and phone number (if provided). We do not store any credit or debit card numbers anywhere on our system.
Where do we get this information from?
All the information we store is provided by you when you register with us prior to placing an order. Once registered with us, you can update certain aspects of your personal information at any time by logging in to our website at http://www.thestainedglassdoorscompany.com/customers/login.
Keeping your information secure
We take protection of your data seriously, and have put in place appropriate physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
Third party links
To provide you with our services we may link to third party websites that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to such third party websites.
How do we use your information?
We use the information you have provided to process and dispatch online orders you have placed with us, and to pass to our Secure Payment Gateway when you make a payment while ordering. We also use this information internally to provide us with statistical information related to online orders. We do not share or pass any of your personal information to anyone. The only exception to this is if we are ever required to do so by law.
Where can I see the information you hold about me?
If you have registered with us, you can view the personal information we hold about you, as well as details of any orders you have placed at any time by logging in to our website at http://www.thestainedglassdoorscompany.com/customers/login. Note: Payment details related to orders are not available since these are never stored on our system. When you make your payment you do so on a secure third party website and are then redirected back to our website.
What happens if I request that you stop processing my information?
If you withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, we will not be able to process any future orders for you.
How long do we store your information?
We only retain your information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use our services, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our obligations and rights in relation to the information involved
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s)
- disputes (if applicable)
- if you have made a request to have your information deleted, and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
Otherwise, we will securely erase your information if it is no longer needed.
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
- The right to be informed - You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
- The right to rectification - You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete. In most cases you can do this yourself by logging into your account on our website (details about orders placed cannot be modified).
- The right to erasure -This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability - You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted about products or offers).
- The right to lodge a complaint - You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
- The right to withdraw consent - If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request, for example if requests are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law
Please consider any request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll let you know.
How will may contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another please let us know.
How can you contact us?
If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, or have further questions on the processing of your personal data, contact us on 01730 828444 or by using the contact form on our website.
Please note: We don't store any personal information about you in cookies.
A cookie is a very small piece of code which is placed in your browser's memory. We store cookies for Google Analytics which allows us to track the number of visitors to our website and how visitors use our website. This enables us to tell which parts of the website are of most interest to visitors. We can then use this information to improve the content of the site and hence improve the overall customer experience.
By disabling cookies in your browser you remove every website owner's ability to gather this information and make these improvements. However you are free to do so. For information on how to disable cookies for in your browser, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.