Limited Door Warranty
Subject to the conditions and restrictions listed below, doors manufactured by The Stained Glass Doors Company meet or exceed industry standards and are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship as follows:
Claims due to warp may be deferred for up to 12 months from the date of the claim in order to allow the door the opportunity to return to its original form once it has acclimatised to local humidity and temperature conditions. The deferral will not be counted against the warranty period.
Warp shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds ¼" in the plane of the door. Warp is measured by placing a straight edge or a taut string on the concave face of the door and determining the maximum distance from the straight edge or string to the door face. This warranty is only valid when the door is properly hung, finished, and is sealed on all six surfaces. In order to be covered by the warranty, warp must occur in the door itself, and not be the result of an improperly installed jamb or a wall out of plumb.
Exclusions to Warranty
- Any special custom product manufactured according to the customer's specifications
- Dissatisfaction with the performance or appearance of our finish, or a field-applied finish
- Dissatisfactions with variations in the color or texture of the wood, as well as knots and knot fill in the wood
- Damage caused by others, or by any cause outside the control of The Stained Glass Doors Company, including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling, or by fire, flood, earthquake, storm, or other acts of nature.
- Any door that is misused. "Misuse" of a door includes, but is not limited to, using a door on part of a building without providing adequate overhang or an appropriate finish color. Adequate overhang depends on the typical weather conditions of the area where the door is to be used, but at the very minimum means an overhang projecting a distance from the structure equal to one half the distance between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the overhang at the point which is farthest from the door.
- Doors that are excessively trimmed: more than ½" from the top or more than 1½" from the bottom
- Damage due to failure to perform normal homeowner's maintenance, including maintaining the finish
- Product failure due to improper installation
- Attempts to repair The Stained Glass Doors Company product without prior authorization
- Panel shrinkage and misalignment, which leaves an unstained line along the edge of the panel. This is caused by differences in temperature and humidity, and is not a defect.
- Slight expansion and contraction of the door due to changes in temperature and humidity are not defects.
- Water infiltration
- Wood sills
- Doors not sealed on all six surfaces
All doors must be finished immediately upon installation.
Note: The Stained Glass Doors Company retains its right to inspect any product that is alleged to be defective.
If a product is determined, upon receipt and inspection, to be defective, The Stained Glass Doors Company must be notified within 30 days of the purchaser's receipt of the product before any installation, hanging, fitting, or finishing charges have been incurred. Upon written notification, we will at our option:
- Repair the product, or,
- Provide a replacement part of parts for the product, or,
- Provide a replacement product
A replacement product or part will be as originally purchased from The Stained Glass Doors Company, and specifically does not include freight, finishing or installation charges. To clarify further: if a visible and/or apparent defect exists upon your receipt and inspection of a product from The Stained Glass Doors Company, it is imperative that we be notified before any further costs are incurred. We will not assume any liability for those costs.
The Stained Glass Doors Company will not be responsible for any product repaired or replaced without the prior written notification of our office.
We expect our customers to examine their shipments upon receipt. All claims for billing errors, shipping errors or merchandise defects must be submitted within thirty (30) days from receipt of product. Any other claims must be made within the warranty period. Warranty claims must be made in writing to The stained glass doors company. The Stained Glass Doors Company will make a determination of claim validity and respond in writing within 30 days.
Customers must examine their shipments upon receipt:
- For possible freight damage.
- To verify that you received what you ordered.
- To verify that the product is flat and straight and has no defects.
Product Damaged During Shipping
If you believe the product was damaged during shipping, you must note it on your freight bill and immediately notify The Stained Glass Doors Company so a freight claim can be filed.
Returns must be approved in writing by The Stained Glass Doors Company prior to the return of any product.
Specifications and Procedures
The Stained Glass Doors Company reserves the right to discontinue or change any product, design, function, finish or price without prior notice.
Transferability of Warranty
This warranty applies to the original consumer of this product only and is not transferable.
Limitation of Warranty
This warranty sets forth The Stained Glass Doors Company’s minimum liability for its products. The Stained Glass Doors Company makes no other warranty, expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to its products except as set forth above. No customer, distributor, sales person, dealer or other representative has the authority to alter these warranties either orally or in writing. In no instance shall The stained glass doors company be responsible for indirect, consequential or incidental damages .